Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tool # 11

There are a number of tools that I will be using in the upcoming school year.  I will use a blog for each of my content areas.  I will use Wordle, Prezi, Wall Wisher, Google Docs, and I will also use the program that allows you to upload youtube videos to your destop and then to your blog.  I was very surprised at the versitility of several of the tools and I think the students will find them helpful as well.  If the student is not engaged then they are not retaining the necessary information.  Technology is a great way to keep them engaged in the learning and a very powerful ally if used properly.  The technology can also help with some synthesis peices that I think are essential to maintaining the level of rigor required for the 21st century learner.  As much as I did not want to participate in the 11 Tools program I did gain some useful tools for use in the classroom.  I feel almost as I did when I was a child and my parents made me commit to something "for my own good" and it really was for my own good in the end.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment